Fine tableware that will enhance any occasion,from everyday gatherings to that special event with family and friends.
That is what we endeavor to create.
High standards of production and design have given us a reputation for quality.
We have proudly served fine hotels and restaurants worldwide for 100 years.
NIKKO tableware.To be appreciated with use. Traditional, formal, modern, or casual.We present NIKKO tableware.
NIKKO was founded in Kanazawa, Japan by Lord Maeda and local nobles in 1908.
Successive lords promoted traditional culture and crafts
of the city and the first kiln was established on the land of Kanazawa.
NIKKO has gained an international reputation for quality
and for designs which are representative of Japan,the country of ceramics.
We have pursued our own style of Japanese products
which gives them the look of being hand-made.
- Japan Ironstone Inc. was founded by Lord Maeda and local nobles in Kanazawa.
- Production of "Sansui" decoration started.
- Korea Ironstone Inc. was founded in Pusan, Korea, then merged with Japan Ironstone Inc.
- The main office was moved to Pusan, Korea
- The general headquarters of the Allied Powers required licenses to operate overseas assets. The status of NIKKO Company was disputed by the Ministry of Finance and the local government.
- Under a new government ordinance after WWII, the company was reorganized and NIKKO CERAMICS Co, Ltd. was founded.
- Production of "Ming Tree" decoration started.
- A porcelain factory was built in Hakusan, Ishikawa, where the present main office is located.
- FRP product factory was built in Gyoda, Saitama, for the housing equipment business.
- U.S. subsidiary NIKKO Ceramics, Inc. was founded in New York.
- Production of Perception China started.
- A tile factory was built in Tsurugimachi (present Hakusan City) in Ishikawa,
for the domestic tile business.
- Production of Bone China started.
- New Bone China factory was built in Tsurugimachi, Ishikawa.
- The company name was changed to NIKKO COMPANY Ltd., and new a new logo was created.
- Production of Fine China started in the main factory. A full line of materials systems for tableware was established for Ironstone, Perception China, porcelain and bone China.
- Electro-Ceramics business started.
- A Showroom was opened in Tokyo.
- Sales of wind turbines started.
- Production of Hakuro(Fine China) started. New trademark was created.
- The company celebrated its 100 years anniversary.
For product quality and safety,all materials are carefully selected by experts.
New material,Hakuro,introduced in 2007.
Fine China with charateristically smooth surface and outstanding translucency.
Stronger than common fine china.
Its cool and translucent texture is reminiscent of the white dew in Kanazawa.
Pure white surface, Highly impact-resistant.Its beauty enhances food presentation.
Fine china with outstanding strength and durability.
It is ideal and suitable for hospitality and professional use.
Warm milky white.
Sustains impact better than common ceramics.
Widely used material for casual tableware.